Pad Thai is the essential noodles dish that is a must when we enjoy Thai food. It is one of our favorite cuisines, I must say (after Indian of course)!
Pad Thai is made with rice noodles which is naturally gluten-free. It makes use of fresh crisp vegetables such as broccoli and peppers. Add a simple protein such as tofu or mushrooms to complete the food groups. Flavored with garlic, ginger, habanero and simple rice vinegar with a dash of soy sauce. Garnish with plenty of green onions and lemon wedges. This is a very simple yet flavorful and goodness-packed dish. It makes for a warm, spicy, tangy, and comforting meal!
Note- I love to add the lemon wedges in the final toss to soften them and get their juices going. This also begins to infuse tanginess into the dish and gives a beautiful aroma right before serving!
Tip – Air-fry the tofu to do some parallel processing
Vegan Pad Thai
- 16 oz Rice Noodles
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 14 oz Tofu extra firm
- 1 cup Vegetables mixed – broccoli, carrots, peppers, mushrooms
- 1 Onion chopped finely
- 4 pods Garlic sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated
- 1 Habanero sliced
- 4 tbsps Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce low sodium
- 5 stalks Green onions sliced for garnish
- 2 tbsps Peanuts crushed
- 6 Lemon wedges
- Cook the noodles as per package directions, while still warm add the lemon zest, toss and set aside
- Separately – Cut the tofu into 3 inch strips and air-fry them
- Start a large stir-fry pan, add oil
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger, habanero – stir
- Add all the fresh vegetables and stir
- Add the noodles, tofu and mix, taking care not to break the noodles
- Add the lemon wedges and toss
- Sprinkle green onions, peanuts and serve!