Can you ever get an overdose of chocolate?
Not in our home! We are all chocoholics; in fact we love dark chocolate. Even the kids.
These muffins are pure, heavenly treats
What I call a triple chocolate bonanza – cacao in the muffin batter with dark chocolate-chip morsels and an optional chocolate frosting on top, dripping all over… if you are not drooling by now … then I have nothing else to say 🙂
All good ingredients – whole wheat flour, raw cacao powder and sweetened only with dates. Indulge in as many as you want!
We wake up and eat these for breakfast with absolutely no guilt.
Chocolate chocolate-chip muffins with chocolate frosting
Dry Ingredients –
- 1.5 cups Whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsps Flaxmeal
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate-chip morsels
- 1/4 cup Cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Wet Ingredients –
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 20 Dates soaked
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Mix all dry ingredients; Mix all wet ingredients; Mix wet and dry and combine well
- Drop large scoops into a lined or well-greased mini-muffin pan
- Bake at 350 degrees hot oven for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes
- Drizzle chocolate frosting on top and serve warm