Second in our Ice cream series – another easy recipe with wholesome ingredients. Chocolate ice cream made with pure cacao powder and semi-sweet chocolate-chips. Remember to use pure cacao powder to get the creamy dutch cocoa ice cream texture.
Dutch cocoa chocolate chocolate-chip ice cream
Delicious, creamy and decadent chocolate chocolate-chip icecream made with pure cacao powder.
Servings 15 scoops
- Ice-cream maker
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 2 cups Whole milk or 2% milk
- 1 cup pure Cacao powder
- 3/4 cup pure Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Chocolae-chip morsels mix-ins
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chocolate-chips
- The milk and cacao powder will not mix very well, but that is ok, the ice-cream churning process will combine them very well
- Add the mixture into an Ice cream machine and churn for 20 minutes
- Add the chocolate chips and churn for additional 5 minutes to combine
- Freeze for 2-3 hours for firm ice cream or serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream