A bunch of crisp veggies frolicking in a Gingery broth. Warm and Soothing 😇
Grab a bunch of crisp vegetables, bring in tofu or any protein …. this dish is really very simple and easy to prepare but is full of flavor. Get this dish to the dinner table in under 10 minutes. The trick is simple – vegetable broth with ginger. The dish’s solo star is plenty of fresh grated ginger. Make it as spicy as you want 😛 As always habanero found its way into my dish! We enjoyed it with a combination of brown rice and red rice. This will be one weekday dinner which takes just minutes and is extremely comforting and soothing after a long day.
Check out the 2 minute video at the end of this post 🙏
Veggies that go well in this stir-fry – squash, zucchini, broccoli, snap peas, mushrooms etc. Air-fry the tofu or lightly pan fry them which gives it a nice chewy texture. All it takes is to stir-fry the veggies at high heat, add the broth and bring to a boil – that’s it!
Stir-fried veggies in a Ginger broth
- 2 cups mixed Vegetables zucchini, squash, mushrooms, broccoli
- 1 cup Tofu air-fried
- 1 Onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated
- 1 Habanero (optional) sliced
- 2 cups Vegetable broth low sodium
- 1 tsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Asian seasoning 5 spice or similar
- Start a large wok on high heat
- Add sesame oil, onions, habanero and ginger; saute on high heat
- Add vegetables and stir-fry to crisp texture
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a slow boil; add salt to taste
- Mix corn flour in 1/4 cup of water and drizzle on top, mixing well to thicken the dish
- Ginger broth with veggies is ready to be enjoyed with rice or by itself!