VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
Muffins are an easy food item to keep handy. Kids can grab them for a quick breakfast or even for an afternoon snack.
These muffins are made with whole oats and a mix of sprouted flour. They have bananas, peanut butter, and they’re loaded with walnuts. Need I say more? These muffins are way beyond delicious 🤩
Note – Can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free flour mix and gluten-free oats
Note – can be nut-free by omitting the walnuts; using sunbutter for peanut butter
I also made a batch of mini-muffins and replaced the walnuts with mini-chocolate chip for the kids and boy did those vanish super quickly 🤪
Drizzle a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup on top before baking them. This gives them a nice caramel finish and an extra touch of sweetness.
There is really nothing much to detail here; mix them and bake them.
The muffins are also very versatile – make it vegan using almond milk; make it gluten-free by using GF flour. This recipe is a keeper 😄
Remember to keep a batch of these muffins when you are expecting overnight guests. This one will be a sure hit. Enjoy!
Oat muffins with banana and peanut butter
Dry Ingredients –
- 1 1/4 cup Rolled Oats gluten-free can be used
- 1 1/4 cup Sprouted grain flour gluten-free can be used
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 3 1/2 tsps Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
Wet Ingredients –
- 2 Bananas very ripe
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter packed nut-free option use Sunflower butter
- 3/4 cup Milk any milk of choice – almond works well
- 3 tbsps Olive oil
- 3 tbsps Maple syrup plus extra for drizzling on top
- 1 tbsp Flaxmeal soaked in warm warm
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl
- Combine all the wet ingredients in another mixing bowl, make sure to cream the peanut butter so everything is mixed well
- Mix the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients
- Pour into lined muffin pan to fill half; Top the muffins with maple syrup
- Bake at 350 degrees hot oven for 25 to 30 minutes when edges brown slightly