Another easy dessert just in time for Valentine’s day 💖 and time to celebrate our 200th post 🥰
This chocolate cake with chocolate ganache is one of the simplest recipes and yet looks professionally made. I am not kidding, my 12 year was able to completely put this together. He made the ganache on the hot stove and I just watched over him.
It starts off by making creamy rich ganache on the stovetop and mixing it with regular cake flour ingredients and baking. The ganache gives the cake a rich and decadent taste. Chewy yet soft and totally moist.
This recipe is very similar to our Red beet cake except this uses cacao powder and maple syrup.
So what is hard about this cake – just the wait time 😇
After baking the cake, we want to let it sit for 2 hours to cool down completely before spreading the ganache.
We use the same ganache recipe to spread a layer between the 2 cakes and also completely cover the cake.
Chocolate cake with dark chocolate ganache – VEGAN
For the Chocolate Ganache sauce-
- 1/3 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 cup Cashew milk
- 3/4 cup Cacao powder
- 1 1/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 2/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 4 tbsps Flaxmeal soaked in 4 tbsps warm water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Making the Ganache (make 2 portions) –
- In a saucepan, combine chocolate chips, milk and cacao powder
- Place the saucepan over low heat and whisk until chocolate chips are melted
- Turn off heat and move saucepan to cool for about 5 mins
Making the Cake batter-
- Combine dry ingredients – flour, baking soda and salt – set aside
- Take out half the ganache and reserve to decorate the cake
- In the remaining portion, add the vegetable oil and flax paste to the chocolate mixture in the saucepan and whisk till combined well
- Add this wet mixture to the dry mixture and combine well
- Pour into 2 greased and lined 9 inch cake pans (split the batter equally)
- Bake at 325 degrees hot oven for 30-35 mins
- Let cake cool completely in the pan for about 2 hours
Assembling and Decorating the cake-
- Take a cake stand, careful remove 1 cake and place it
- Spread the ganache evenly to form a thin layer
- Next place the second cake on top of the ganache carefully
- Now cover the cake on top and all the sides with the remaining ganache
- Decorate on top with chocolate chips or any fruit of choice
- This cake is ready to be devoured!