VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, NUT-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE
Here is an easy appetizer which is also a crowd pleaser. We love mushrooms in our house. Use good hardy mushrooms such as cremini or baby Bellas. You could also do this recipe with large portobello mushrooms and serve it as a side.
This dish is cheesy and full of flavor, yet it is VEGAN 🤷🏻♀️ so here is the most important ingredient which cannot be missed – Nutritional yeast. Baking with nutritional yeast gives the dish a beautiful aroma yet not overpowering.
The stuffing is all of 2 ingredients and maybe some seasoning and salt 😜
Combine nutritional yeast with breadcrumbs.
Tip – I save up the end slices of our weekly bread consumption and make my own breadcrumbs
Tip – use gluten-free breadcrumbs for a gluten-free option
Season the stuffing with choice of seasoning powders and spice.
This dish is really simple, first bake the cleaned mushrooms cap side up. This gets rid of the water content and prevents the whole tray from becoming a runny mess….. believe me I have been there too!
Next coat the mushrooms with a marinade of chilly powder and salt mixed in oil. Turn them over. Finally stuff the mushrooms with plenty of the noosh-crumbs mixture and bake.
This dish is really simple to make but will definitely be talked about in your next party. Try it!
Try these other mushrooms dishes –
Curried Mushrooms in a sweet and tangy sauce
VEGAN Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 15 Cremini or Baby Bella mushrooms
- 3 tbsps Olive oil
- 1 tsp Red Chilly powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Nutritional yeast
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Seasoning powder
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- Mix the oil, chilly powder and salt – set aside
- In another mixing bowl, combine the noosh, breadcrumbs, olive oil, seasoning and salt
- Lay the mushrooms cap-side up in a large baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes (this gets rid of the water content)
- Next coat the mushrooms with the Oil marinade
- Turn the mushrooms over and stuff liberally with the noosh-crumbs mixture
- Bake at 400 degrees hot oven for 15-20 minutes