VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
Soup is probably not an option that we instantly pick for a hot summer night….. …….Nonetheless, soup is still very comforting and easy to pull together when you want something light for dinner on sweltering days.
This soup is just perfect for summer; it is comforting, extremely easy to prepare, and delicious. This soup does not have to served piping hot; rather, it can be served at room temperature or lightly warmed.
Asparagus has a strong flavor which we absolutely love in our home. On the other hand zucchini is like a sponge; it can absorb any flavor and does not bring much to the palate by itself. Therefore, this combination is absolutely perfect, where we get the robust texture from zucchini and the delicious woody aroma from asparagus. This soup is prepared completely in the InstantPot and pureed using the immersion blender.
This soup has a beautiful, picture perfect color. Trust me, the pictures you see are authentic and true to the dish. The soup has all of 5 ingredients – a few stalks of celery brings in a mild flavor as well as a shallot.
We all enjoyed this soup with Sun dried tomato and olive crostinis on the side. It is the perfect, simple, and comforting meal for the ‘dog days of summer’!
Try these simple, easy InstantPot soups –
Asparagus Zucchini soup
- Immersion blender
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 4 Zucchini loosely chopped
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1 Shallot sliced
- 3 pods Garlic sliced
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 cup Oat Milk
- Trim the asparagus and reserve the end stalks
- Add all the ingredients except Oat milk into an instantPot and cook for 5 minutes under pressure
- Let pressure release and carefully with a immersion blender, puree smooth
- Add the oat milk and mix well
- Saute the asparagus tops in little olive oil and add to the soup as a topping
- Sprinkle fresh crushed pepper and serve!