Thank you M for naming our cookies. Of course very original and no prizes for guessing the acronym !
These cookies are completely our own creation from scratch. They are decadent and epitomize the definition of a chocolate chip cookie. Crunchy exterior, chewy interior and melt-in-your-mouth chocolate chips. They have double-dose of chocolate, chocolate chips and pure organic cacao powder which enhance the taste and flavor. By using whole wheat flour it becomes a whole grain treat giving it the chewy texture that lingers in your mouth for a long time. I suppose you are now imagining biting into one of these delicious cookies and your mouth watering. What are you waiting for …. go bake a batch and indulge in a cookie or two!
For these cookies we begin with Whole wheat flour. Then we go to our favorite sweetener, Maple syrup. A rich chocolate chip cookie needs butter and yes we do use butter, but the quantity is just enough to give the flaky texture and not make it overly buttery. These are pretty much the ingredients needed, not to forget the main star – Chocolate chips. By adding Cacao powder we get the dark chocolate effect. Vanilla extract brings everything together.
|Wet Ingredients –||Dry Ingredients –|
|Whole Wheat flour 1 cup|
Cacao powder 2 tbsps
Chocolate chips (semi sweet) ½ cup
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
Salt (a pinch)
Butter cut into small cubes
(thawed to room temperature ½ stick
Maple syrup ½ cup
Vanilla extract ½ tsp
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside
- To a separate mixing bowl, add the butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract and cream very well. The butter will be broken into small chunks but will remain solid and small pieces.
- Add half the dry mixture to wet mixture and mix light until combined.
- Add remaining dry mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Put a lid on the mixing bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Layer a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small icecream scooper, make balls of the cookie dough about the size of your inner palm, about 2 inches.
- Arrange them on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 12 mins.
- Open the oven and press the tops of the cookie lightly to flatten.
- Turn off the oven and leave it in for 8 more minutes. Remove from oven.