Arriving just in time for Valentine’s day….. celebrate this year with this easy to make Red cake 💖
How good can good-for-you get 😇 this cake does it 😁 sweetened only with beet powder, this cake is simply stunning and absolutely delicious with a mild beet taste and sweetness. This one is a total winner and will surprise you with how simple it is to make. Try it out!
Recently Georgia Bulldogs won the National Championship and it was a time to celebrate for my husband and my 12 year old. (In our home 50% are ardent football fans and 50% are don’t care 🤷🏻♀️)
So my 12 year old comes back from school and says he is going to bake a Georgia Victory cake. I am in no mood to do any baking but did not want to discourage his enthusiasm. He wanted to make a red cake to go with the GA colors with beet powder ( we don’t use food colors!) WOW what amazing idea… I jumped right in. My 12 year needs no help, so all I get to do is watch him pull out all the ingredients and hand me the batter to bake-the-cake.
Vegan option – omit the eggs and use 4 tablespoons of flaxmeal soaked in 4 tablespoons of water.
We tried both approaches and the cakes came out absolutely identical.
The final product was not as red as we expected, nevertheless it looked stunning and tasted delicious. (Mildly sweet with just beet powder)
He topped off the cake with melted white chocolate chips. YUMMY!
Here is the detailed recipe.
Georgia dawgs victory cake 🥮
For the red Beet sauce –
- 1 cup Whole Milk Vegan option – Use any Plant based milk
- 1 cup Beet powder
- 1/2 cup White chocolate chips
Dry ingredients –
- 1 1/4 cup Sprouted whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Wet Ingredients –
- 2/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs – lightly beaten Vegan option – use all Flaxmeal
- 2 tbsps Flaxmeal – soaked in warm water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Making the Beet sauce-
- In a saucepan, combine milk, chocolate chips and beet powder
- Place sauceplan over low heat and whisk until beet powder is dissolved and you have a rich, red, creamy sauce
- Turn off heat and move saucepan to cool for about 5 mins
Making the cake batter –
- Combine dry ingredients – flour, baking soda and salt – set aside
- Next, add the vegetable oil, eggs and flax paste to the beet mixture in the saucepan and whisk till combined well
- Add this wet mixture to the dry mixture and combine well
- Pour into 2 greased and lined 9 inch cake pans (split the batter equally)
- Bake at 325 degrees hot oven for 30-35 mins
- Let cake cool completely in the pan for about 2 hours
Assembling and Decorating the cake –
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave
- Take a cake stand, careful remove 1 cake and place it
- Spread the melted white chocolate chips evenly to form a thin layer
- Next place the second cake on top of the white chocolate layer carefully
- Now cover the cake with the remaining white chocolate sauce
- This cake will totally surprise you!