Our 100th post on nutrosia.com
VEGAN, NUTFREE, VEGETARIAN
This is our 100th post on nutrosia.com . 🎆 Our THANKS to family, friends, well-wishers and especially people we do not know but have enjoyed our recipes, provided valuable feedback and encouragement. 🙏 Keep them coming … we are learning every day… a long way to go … but we are absolutely enjoying our journey 😀
To celebrate our small milestone, we had to come up with a stunning dessert which will satisfy our criteria …. So here we go ….
My brilliant boy😇 came up with an idea to make a batch of our very famous ‘baked’ donuts and soak them in strawberry sauce. But how do we make the donuts pink in color and not just plain brown ?
We do not use any artificial food colors…..
…..then we came across a unique ingredient – beet powder.
I buy all my nuts and several flours in an online store which had this ingredient listed as a ‘power powder’. Have to agree on that .. lets give it a try 😆
We were totally thrilled – for one – having found a natural food coloring and two – the amazing beet flavor which subtlety perfumed our donuts. The color combination with the strawberry sauce was a treat to our eyes and needless to add – a treat to our palates as well!
My younger son loves strawberries. He will wash them carefully in a colander, chop the leaves one by one and consume a whole box all by himself. We are always trying to incorporate strawberry in desserts because of the gorgeous color and the appetizing taste. During peak strawberry season we prepare strawberry sauce and keep it handy in the refrigerator. Add it to yogurts, muffins, biscuits … plenty of ideas 🙂
The strawberry sauce recipe is posted here – strawberry sauce recipe
Note – don’t sweat if you cannot find the beet powder, the donuts will taste fantastic with just a teaspoon of the strawberry syrup added in the batter 🙂
Strawberry Donuts – BAKED 🙂
- Donut moulds
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat pastry flour
- 1 tbsp Beet Powder
- 1 tbsp Flaxmeal
- 1 tbsp Tapioca flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Date paste very thick
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Milk (optional)
- Mix all the dry ingredients and set aside
- Mix all the wet ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients little by little and mix it completely
- If the batter is thick, add 2 tbsps of milk (optional) or water it should be in dropping consistency
- Grease donut molds with butter. Fill only half the molds, where the hole is completely visible
- Bake at 350 degrees Hot oven for 10 mins
- Turn off the oven and leave the donuts inside for 5 more mins
- Take out and cool completely
- Turn the mold around and the donuts should pop right out
2 thoughts on “Strawberry donuts – BAKED :-)”
Thank you !