VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
Its mid-week and always a struggle to think up lunch ideas for the kids. One item which my kids always enjoy is ‘kathi wraps’. The following unique combination of veggies present vibrant colors and taste that will be totally hidden to kids eyes!
Today I want to showcase a vegetable which does not get much love – purple cabbage. This color brings in unique nutrients which we only get from similar purple color vegetables such as eggplant, purple cauliflowers, etc. In fact, there is a very limited number of vegetables that provide us this nutrient, so we should try to incorporate them as often as we can.
Today’s recipe has no onion. It has ginger and garlic for aromatics, habanero for heat, and cilantro for the flavor. Bring in any vegetable of choice. I added julienned carrots and peas for color. Top-off it off with garam masala for the finishing touch.
Purple cabbage stir-fried with potato strips makes for a delicious stuffing for wraps. Try it out and even the pickiest kids will not be able to decipher the ingredients.
Try these other easy Vegetable sides –
Potato n Purple Cabbage easy stir-fry
- Ginger grated
- Garlic sliced
- Cilantro finely-chopped
- Habanero sliced
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- Turmeric powder
- 1 head Purple Cabbage shredded
- 1 cup Carrots julienned
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 2 large Potatoes cut into strips
- Start a large skillet with oil
- Add the cumin seeds and bay leaves and fry
- Add the aromatics reserving some of the Cilantro for garnish
- Next add the potato strips and fry lightly
- Add the Carrots and Peas
- Next, Add the purple cabbage, Turmeric and salt
- Put a lid on and let it cook for a few mins
- Open and stir-fry on high heat until everything is combined and well-cooked
- Sprinkle Garam masala and cilantro for garnish
- Serve with any wraps of your choice