BONUS – recipe for – PIZZA 2 – butternut squash pizza with mozzarella and quinoa cereal
I am a firm believer in making double portions of everything and repurposing leftovers in a variety of ways. Often it cuts down prep and cooking time by half.
Green Thai curry paste – I have incorporated it in Thirsty Noodles. Now a 3rd time use as a pizza sauce.
This is a very unique pizza which totally surprised us. I mixed cream cheese with the Green Thai curry paste and made it the sauce layer for the pizza. Topped it with thinly sliced zucchini and dill pickles for crunch. The outcome was unbelievably good. Especially the kids loved the zucchini and pickles…. seriously I did not expect that ! This was totally an experiment which turned out to be a success.
As a bonus – I also made another pizza with leftover Butternut squash fries plus mozzarella cheese. I came across a Quinoa cereal with no added sugar. We love to use it as a topping to add a crunch factor to dishes with soft elements. Adding this to the pizza was another thought of brilliance which worked 🙂 Just saying, sometimes going out-of-the-box is all it takes to be wowed !
Thai Pizza with Zucchini and Dill pickles
Pizza 1 – Thai Pizza with Zucchini and Dill pickles
- Pizza crust (I used AngelicBakeryHouse – sprouted crust)
- Green Thai curry paste – 1 tbsp
- Cream cheese – 1 cup
- Zucchini (thinly sliced)
- Dill pickle sliced
- Spicy cheese shredded
- Paprika powder – 1 tsp
- Mix the cream cheese with the green Thai curry sauce and spread evenly on top of the pizza crust
- Arrange the zucchini all along the border in a concentric overlapping circle
- Arrange the dill pickle in the inner circle
- Sprinkle paprika powder and salt
- Top with shredded spicy cheese
- Bake in a hot oven at 400 degrees for 10 minute (or follow the instructions on the pizza crust you are using)
BONUS – Pizza 2 – Butternut squash and mozzarella topped with quinoa cereal
- Pizza crust
- Pizza sauce – 1/2 cup
- Butternut squash fries
- Mozarella cheese balls
- Quinoa cereal – 1 tbsp (top before serving)
- Top the pizza crust with pizza sauce, add the butternut squash fries and the mozzarella
- Bake as per package instructions
- Remove and sprinkle the quinoa cereal and serve