The internet probably has a thousand and one varieties of Banana bread. So I gave a lot of thought before posting this…. But I do have my own USP 🙋♀️ Unique Selling Potential 🤷🏻♀️
- Whole bran wheat flour
- Date sweetened
- Cacao powder
Now that I have justified the need to post yet another Banana bread recipe 😬 lets get right into the twist…. Flavored with dark rum 😬 don’t worry it will not have any ill-effects on you.. just adds a mild rum flavor. If you like boozy bread, by all means increase the rum quantity or better still, drizzle rum on the sliced bread!
I am going to stop providing irrelevant ideas now 🤭 Lets get down to business!
This is yet another straightforward recipe. Just mix all the dry ingredients, mix wet ingredients; combine and bake. I bake it in a 4 inch width loaf pan and it takes 45 mins to finish….. perfectly cooked, mildly sweetened chocolate banana nut bread.
Chocolate Banana nut bread with a twist
Dry Ingredients –
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour with bran
- 1/2 cup Cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Wet Ingredients –
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 10 Dates soaked
- 2 Bananas very ripe
- 1 shot dark rum
- Mix all Dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, set aside
- Blend the dates with the Bananas to a smooth puree
- Mix the banana date mixture with olive oil and add the rumMix well to combine
- Add the dry ingredients little by little to the wet mixture and combine well
- Pour into a parchment paper lined bread-loaf pan
- Bake at 350 degrees hot oven for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and check with a fork for done-ness
- Let cool for minimum 30 minutes before slicing
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Banana nut bread with a twist”
Lavanya this seems so easy and lovely. Do you think Almond flour may work well.. TOL with gluten free version.
Hugs..and love reading your recipes and content. Keep it coming.
You r so sweet. Almond flour should work. May need a spoonful of some binder like tapioca flour. I am going to try it and give you a recipe soon!!