VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, NUT-FREE
Our household is a huge Chinese food fan. As a matter of fact during my husband and my initial ‘dating’ days in India, I always asked for Chinese food. Several decades ago multi-cuisine restaurants had not yet arrived in India…. But we always had Chinese restaurants. Particularly restaurants that boasted of Indian-chinese food which was influenced by Indian flavors and was a spicier version of regular Chinese food.
Another thing to note is, Chinese food from Schezhuan province is quite spicy and having worked with many Chinese colleagues myself, I can confirm that Chinese cuisine is actually quite spicy unlike the versions available in USA.
Today’s recipe is extremely simple but packed with flavor, predominantly garlic 🙂
With cooked noodles this dish takes 10 minutes…. Thats it !
Start off with any combination of vegetables which hold up to stir-frying – I used bokchoy, broccolini, mushrooms and peppers. Take 8-10 pods of garlic and slice them. Fry up some tofu cubes to bring in protein. Use whole wheat noodles for that firm texture.
Start a large wok and stir fry veggies and noodles. Add a good seasoning of sriracha, soy sauce and Mustard paste. Finally top with the garlic and stir-fry on high flame to release all the garlic flavor. Mix in the tofu. Serve immediately.
TIP – By adding the garlic last and stir frying on high, the intense garlic flavor is released and also kept intact
This is one meal which I put together in a jiffy with frozen noodles which I always have stashed away in my freezer for a rainy day use 😆
- Whole Wheat noodles cooked and tossed in sesame oil
- 2 cups mixed chopped Veggies
- 1 cup Tofu cubes stir-fried
- 1 Habanero sliced
- 1 Onion sliced
- 10 pods Garlic sliced
- Spring onions chopped garnish
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Mustard paste ground
- Start a large wok with Sesame oil
- Add onions, habanero and stir-fry
- Add the veggies and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes keep them crisp
- Add the tofu
- Add the cooked noodles and the seasoning sauce and mix throughly to coat
- Finally add the garlic and toss at high temperature to release the flavor and coat the noodles
- Serve topped with spring onions