Here is one easy dessert right in time for the Holidays. Brand New and very comforting.
This Berry Bread pudding can be put together in under 10 minutes and while it bakes you can get going with other Holiday preparations. This dessert is the humble Bread pudding enhanced with bountiful berries and topped with slivered almonds. Use any combination of berries.
This is a very easy recipe and works well with all types of milk – we loved it with almond milk and its natural sweet touch.
Basically I keep collecting all bread ends in a bag in the fridge and make this pudding when I have a bagful 😇
Pieces of bread soaked in milk mixed with date paste for sweetness. I brought in fresh lavender herb for a subtle flavor and a tablespoon of flax meal in place of eggs. Top this mixture with plenty of berries, frozen berries work beautifully. Just remember to squeeze some of the excess water to avoid a watery pudding!
Thats all it takes, grease a rectangular pyrex tray and spread the bread mixture evenly and make for 30-45 minutes. I sprinkled plenty of slivered almonds on top for a crunch. The soft and chewy bread pudding intermingled with crunchy almonds gives you that perfect bite …. Try this with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. Here is your next Holiday dessert!
Berry bread pudding
- 4 cups Bread pieces
- 2 cups Milk Almond milk works well
- 1/2 cup Date paste or Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Flaxmeal soaked in warm water
- 1 tsp Lavender herb
- 2 cups mixed Berries
- 1/2 cup Slivered almonds
- Mix the bread pieces with milk, date paste, soaked flaxmeal, lavender leaves and half the berries
- Mix to drench the bread pieces completely, use more milk if needed, the mixture will turn a beautiful purple shade
- Grease a rectangular pyrex dish with butter, spread the bread mixture evenly and press lightly to even out the top
- Sprinkle the remaining berries on topSprinkle slivered almonds all over the top
- Bake at 400 degrees hot oven for 30-45 minutes until the edges start to crisp and brownA fork test in the middle should come out clean
- Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving
- Cut out a square and serve it warm with ice cream
1 thought on “Berry Bread pudding”