VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
These bars only need 6 ingredients and is a no-bake recipe.
Just melt and mix….. press and chill…… cut and devour!!
In fact there is no use of stove either. It’s melted using only the microwave. Absolutely kid friendly recipe 😄.
They are gluten-free and can be made nut-free as well.
👉 I replaced the amaranth with popped quinoa – readily available in health food stores. It may be called Quinoa puffs or quinoa cereal. Make sure they are unsweetened.
👉 I replaced the almond butter with creamy peanut butter.
NOTE- Use sun-butter or other nut-free butters to make this a nut-free option.
Use dark chocolate chips of 70% cocoa – this gives the bars a nice rich flavor and taste.
The only fat used is coconut oil which also makes these bars VEGAN!
Start off by melting coconut oil, chocolate chips, and peanut butter in a heavy porcelain dish in the microwave. Stir until a smooth consistency is obtained. Add the vanilla extract and sea salt and mix well. Press it firmly into a parchment lined dish, keeping the thickness to 1-2 inches or as preferred. Refrigerate.
These will make for a nice after-dinner treat with no guilt!
The other variation that I plan to try out soon is puffed rice cereal (unsweetened).
Do post me a comment!
Dark chocolate quinoa bars – NO BAKE VEGAN
- 1.5 cups Puffed Quinoa cereal unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate chips 70% preferred
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter creamy
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Take a 9 inch cake pan or similar baking tray and line it with parchment paper
- Take a large mixing bowl, add the puffed quinoa and set it ready
- Take another large microwavable glass bowl, add coconut oil, chocolate chips and peanut butter
- Melt in the microwave on low power
- Add vanilla extract and sea salt; mix until smooth and combined
- Pour this chocolate mixture on top of the puffed quinoa and mix to coat thoroughly
- Dump this whole mixture on to the tray lined with parchment paper and spread evenly and press well to compact
- Put the tray in the fridge for 1 hour
- Remove from fridge and cut into desired shapes
- Keep it stored in the fridge for upto 2 weeks