VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, NUT-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE
This is a 5 minute quick-mix recipe rice dish which can be spinned up in a cinch and can be used for a quick-n-simple dinner or a side dish. This dish is so simple, we thought (probably) it didn’t deserve a post, but our end product was so delicious and took all of 5 minutes, we decided this is totally worth a post!
Do you end up with plenty of white rice when you do takeout from Indian restaurants? We end up consuming all the veggies and curries and always end up with plenty of white rice. As much as our preference is brown rice, we never throw away rice. Needless to add, we try our best not to waste any food.
The star of the dish is ‘herb of choice’. I used Kasoori methi which I like for a mild herb flavor and does not overpower any dish. Go with any herb of preference. Start with an onion and caramelize it. Do not add any garlic since it will completely takeover the flavor profile. Let the herb shine 🤩. Take a good, heaping portion of Edamame and saute it with the onions on high heat until it is done. That’s it! Add rice, herbs, and toss together to combine.
We love to have such rice pulav with a simple cucumber or mixed vegetable raitha. Add a spicy Indian pickle and some chips will make this a full-blown dinner 😜
Try our other Rice dishes as well –
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 cup Edamame shelled Thawed if using frozen
- 1 Onion sliced thin
- 2 tbsps Kasoori Methi use any Herb of preference
- 1 tsp White Pepper powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Start a large wok and add some oil
- On high heat, lets caramelize the onions
- Next add the Edamame and continue to stir-fry until cooked
- Finally add the rice, salt, pepper and herbs and combine thoroughly
- Serve with a simple yogurt