GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, PEANUT-FREE
The secret to whipping up a variety of foods is to do some advance prep work. Pastes and chutneys often come very handy and can be used in many different preparations. For example – green curry paste that I shared here – Vegan Thai Green curry – from scratch
By making an extra batch of the curry paste and freezing it, I can pull it out when needed and use it instantly on another recipe.
Recently on a cooking show on TV, a chef prepared thirsty noodles. What a wonderful idea – first semi cook noodles, next drop it in hot broth and while it absorbs the flavors, top it with something crunch and serve immediately. How about seasoning the broth with few spoons of the green curry paste. VOILA … my dish assembled itself in front of my eyes 🧐
This dish is actually very appealing and you start to cook only when everyone is sitting at the dinner table. This is your oppurtunity to WOW your audience !
First get the vegetables roasted and crispy in the oven. I used fresh green beans and green bell peppers. Seasoned them with red chilly powder and salt and sprinkle a mixture of breadcrumbs and almond flour liberally. Roast it in the oven until crunchy.
💡 Tip – Make it gluten-free by only using almond flour.
Next get the broth ready – I used low sodium, organic vegetable broth straight from the carton. Season the broth with 2 spoonful of Green curry paste. Check salt.
I used Millets and brown rice noodles which was gluten-free. If you are using ramen noodles, do not use the seasoning packs, use only the noodles. Cook the noodles to only half the time mentioned.
Take a large bowl, pour hot broth mixture into half of the bowl, take the semi cooked noodles and drop it directly into the broth. Top it off with crunchy vegetables. Finally garnish with freshly sliced jalapeños and cilantro. Add crushed peanuts on top.
This Thirsty noodles is ready to serve. As we dig in, we will get slurpy noodles soaking in the broth. A very different way to eat noodles, almost a fusion of Vietnamese style PHO and Thai flavors !
Thirsty green curry noodles recipe
- Noodles – 1 portion
- Vegetable broth – 1 cup
- Green curry paste – 2 tsps
- Sliced garlic
Vegetable layer –
- Green beans – cut into 3 inch length
- Green bell pepper – cut into long strips
- Breadcrumbs – 2 tbsps
- Almond flour – 2 tbsps
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsps
To garnish –
- Sliced jalapeños
- Chopped Cilantro
- Crushed peanuts (optional)
- Step 1 – mix the beans and bell pepper with red chilly powder, salt, breaalmond flour with 2 tbsps of oil, roast at 400 degrees hot oven for 20 mins until crunchy
- Step 2 – heat the vegetable broth in a microwave until hot, add the green curry paste, sliced garlic and mix well. Pour it into a large soup bowl and set aside
- Step 3 – cook the noodles to half the time mentioned, remove from the water and drop it directly into the hot broth
- Step 4 – Top with crunchy vegetables
- Step 5 – garnish on top with sliced jalapeños, cilantro and crushed peanuts.
- SERVE IMMEDIATELY !
💡Tip – for kids who just need noodles, serve it on a plate