VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
Here is another easy no-fuss InstantPot soup which is a meal by itself. Loaded with plenty of mushrooms and brown rice noodles, this will fill you up in minutes. Coconut milk adds a beautiful aroma and the richness. Add veggies of choice – I brought in pea pods with a handful of julienned carrots and kept it simple.
Aromatics are onion, garlic, ginger and basil leaves.
This dish takes only 20 minutes using the InstantPot – load it up and just let the flavors mingle. There is really not much ‘cooking’ to be done. First step is to infuse the veggies (mushrooms and snap peas) with the aromatics in the coconut milk broth. Once that is done, add the rice noodles and let it sit for just 5 minutes before you serve. The noodles will absorb the flavors and soften very quickly.
You will not believe how quick, yet flavor-packed this soup is. Make this your easy go-to dinner-meal for any spring or fall night! Happy slurping!!
Try our other one-meal soups as well –
PHO inspired Noodles in coconut milk broth
- 8 oz Brown Rice noodles Thin style
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock low sodium
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 1 cup Snap peas thinly sliced horizontally
- 1/2 cup Julienned Carrots
- 2 cups Mushrooms – mixed variety sliced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 pods Garlic sliced
- 1 inch Ginger grated
- 10 leaves Thai Basil cut into ribbons
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Start the InstantPot on Saute mode
- Add little Sesame oil, saute the onions, garlic and Ginger
- Add the mushrooms, snap peas, coconut milk and vegetable stock
- Put the lid on and set to cook for 8 minutes under pressure
- Let it cool down for another 10 minutes, open carefully, add the broken rice noodles (uncooked) directly into the hot broth and mix
- Season with salt and pepper
- Top off with the basil leaves and put the lid on and let it all mingle for 5 minutes
- Serve hot!