What to name these? Appetizer? Snacks ? Treats ?
One thing is for sure – these are both quickies 🙂 … and can be made in a jiffy :-))
It was one of those days when I was going to use my Air Fryer for an appetizer. While I was prepping for the appetizer, I laid out a tray of pineapple chunks for my family to munch on. My husband who can come up with quirky food ideas (and many other quirky things LOL) walked by and said “are you going to fry these pineapples”? WOW… why not right (I told you quirky!)!?
I quickly pulled out my jar of breadcrumbs from the freezer, dredged the juicy pineapple pieces in them, drizzled oil all over and popped them into the air fryer. In less than 10 minutes, we had a tray of golden, crunchy and delicious pineapple snacks. Sprinkled some red chilly powder on top to make it more of an appetizer 🙂 Among the 4 of us, we fought for the pieces and it was all gone in under 5 minutes.
Make this when you are working on another appetizer in the air fryer. Double treats !!
Oh well …. Now back to preparing the appetizer that I planned in the first place 🙂
This is another one of those very easy appetizers. Cut the paneer into long sticks like fries. Coat them with oil and salt. Air fry them until crisp about 10-14 minutes (depending on air fryer power). Roll the paneer in pesto sauce liberally and serve immediately. Pesto recipe is also included on the sandwich post.
Both vegetarian and one vegan too !
Air fryer Paneer Pesto recipe
- Paneer cheese (cut into 3 inch sticks) 20 pieces
- Pesto sauce 2 tbsps
- Oil to coat for air frying
- Coat the paneer with oil and salt and air fry them in the air fryer for 10-14 minutes, mixing gently once in-between (check the color, since timing might vary from fryer to fryer)
- Remove paneer to a tray, add pesto sauce and coat completely
- Serve immediately while the paneer is still crispy and the pesto is tangy !
Air fryer Pineapple Snack recipe
- Breadcrumbs 1/2 cup
- Diced pineapple pieces 20
- Oil to coat
- Red chilly powder to sprinkle
- Roll the pineapple pieces in breadcrumbs and coat with oil
- Arrange in a single layer in the air fryer tray and fry at 400 degrees for 8-10 mins
- Each air fryer might work differently so always use your judgement to pull it out when it looks golden brown and crispy
- Sprinkle red chilly powder on top for an appetizer !