Vegetarian, Vegan, GLUTEN-FREE and NUT-FREE Options
Crispy, crunchy tacos are my favorite where something fried is rolled in soft taco. By using the Air Fryer, the fried filling can be enjoyed with no guilt. The Air Fryer is very versatile for limited quantity and definitely faster than the oven.
Today’s tacos are made with 2 fillings – both very distinct in texture and taste –
👉 air fried cauliflower coated with almond flour – dredge the caulis in seasoned almond flour. This 👍 ‘UPs’ the protein content and also gives a crunchy texture. I am also using 2 colors of cauliflowers – purple and regular. Always try to use purple colored vegetables to bring in the rainbow in foods. Lavender being my favorite color has nothing to do with it 😝
👉 air fried avocado covered in breadcrumbs – avocado wedges rolled in breadcrumbs and air fried- crunchy exterior with a creamy interior
Serve both with spicy buffalo sauce (there is no buffalo in this sauce 🙂 for folks who are not familiar….and I have no clue why it is called that !!) It is just a spicy sauce which goes very well with fried foods. Its easy to make the buffalo sauce at home with regular ingredients – apple cider vinegar, sriracha sauce, tomato ketchup and mustard sauce.
Note – Make it gluten-free by using only almond flour for coating, omit the breadcrumbs
Note – Make it nut-free by using only breadcrumbs for coating, omit the almond flour
Toast the tortillas directly on the flame to give it a nice chewy texture with an appetizing flavor.
Serve it as a buffet – toasted tortilla wraps, cauliflowers – 2 types, avocados and the sauce to drizzle. Add freshly smashed guacamole on the side and this will be a Mexican party ! Let your brood build their own tacos by placing fillings of their choice and drizzling the sauce as much as they want.
This will be a fun dinner spread everyone will enjoy !
Air fryer Taco buffet – Buffalo cauliflower + fried avocado
- Air Fryer
- 20 Tortilla wraps (taco size)
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets (2 colors)
- 2 tbsps Almond flour
- 20 pieces Avocado wedges
- 2 tbsps Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Seasoning of choice
Buffalo Sauce –
- 1/2 cup Sriracha sauce (spicy sauce)
- 2 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsps Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsps Spicy Mustard sauce
- Dredge the cauliflower pieces in almond flour seasoned with spice and salt
- Drizzle oil all over and Air Fry until crisp. About 10-15 minutes (based on air fryer power). Set aside
- Coat avocado wedges in breadcrumbs and Air Fry until crisp
- Mix all the ingredients for buffalo sauce in a serving bowl and set it ready
- Fire-roast the tortilla wraps on a flame and stack on a plate
- Serve as a buffet of – tortilla wraps, fried cauliflower, fried avocado and buffalo sauce