One of the best investments we made was an Ice cream maker. There are many simple products in the market which are affordable and do a great job. Ours is one such simple gadget with minimal buttons and options. We get soft churn ice cream in under 30 minutes. We usually freeze it for a few hours and it is just perfect. By making our own ice cream, we are able to add the ingredients of our choice and also try out a variety of toppings.
As always we only use pure Maple syrup or honey to sweeten the ice-cream.
We have tried many varieties with heavy cream, whole milk, part-skim milk and greek yogurt. This summer season, we will be sharing many such ice cream recipes.
Lets begin with a basic one – mint chocolate-chip with vanilla ice cream recipe
Mint chocolate chip ice-cream
- Ice-cream maker
- 1 portion Vanilla icecream use provided recipe link
- 1 cup Chocolate chip morsels
- 1 tsp Mint extract
- 2 tbsps fresh Mint leaves finely chopped
- Prepare basic Vanilla icecream as per provided recipe, churn for 20 minutes
- Add the chocolate chips, mint extract and mint leaves to the icecream and churn for another 5 minutes
- Freeze for 2-3 hours to set firm or serve immediately for soft-serve icecream