You will be surprised by the flavor this recipe provides with just parsley and garlic. Very simple ingredients yet an eye-catching presentation.
Today’s alternative pasta choice is green Lentil. I enjoy experimenting with these new offerings of pasta these days. This one did not disappoint. When you are able to enjoy a grain by itself, the pasta should also appeal to your tastebuds … I guess that’s my logic 😆 Green Lentil, Chickpeas, Red lentil, etc. are all bean varieties we enjoy in various forms… pasta too!!
To mix up the vegetable choices, I chose edamame which typically is not combined with pasta. Yeah… why not experiment 🤔 Edamame has a nice crunch and also blends very well with the green pasta. Keeping with the ‘green theme’, I selected parsley which is used heavily in pasta making. Chopped up plenty of fresh parsley and sautéed it along with edamame. Kept the sauce light, with only goat cheese to enhance the creaminess. Choose a low-fat goat cheese and the sauce stays fluffy and combines very well with all the ingredients. Sprinkle fresh parmesan cheese and here you have a creamy, light and fluffy pasta for any week night dinner. Pair it with a good salad and there will be no guilt! Enjoy!!
Hint – keep it vegan by replacing goat cheese with cashew cream… YUMMY!!
Creamy green lentil pasta with edamame and parsley
- 16 oz green lentil Penne pasta
- 1 cup Edamame shelled
- 1 cup Parsley finely chopped
- 4 pods Garlic sliced
For the sauce –
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup plain milk
- 4 oz Goat cheese
- 1 tsp Oregano seasoning
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
- Cook the pasta as per package instructions, drizzle olive oil and coat well. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet, add olive oil and garlic, saute
- Next add the parsley and toss well to extract the beautiful flavors
- Add edamame and toss to cook but still firm and crisp
- Sprinkle the flour and mix well
- Add the milk and bring to a very low boil
- Sprinkle the goat cheese and mix very well to make a light and fluffy sauce
- Add the pasta, salt, oregano seasoning and toss to coat the pasta completely
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and serve