Corn dalia is readily available in Indian stores, it is nothing but a coarse grind of dry corn. It is bright orange in color and cooks well almost similar in texture to broken wheat. Try this very easy InstantPot recipe of Tomato corn dalia which comes together in under 15 minutes.
This is a a very simple preparation of steamed dalia in a fresh tomato puree. The tomatoes give it a very beautiful color and also has a tangy taste. Make it as spicy as you like. Tomato bath using rice is very common in Indian preparations. This is just a variation using corn dalia.
Load up everything in the InstantPot and dalia is ready to be served with simple yogurt or some spicy Indian pickle. Yummy !!!
All it takes is some seasoning items – onion, ginger, curry leaves, green chillies
Add mixed vegetables of your choice – potato, peas, carrots, beans etc.
Use 2 cups of tomato puree, you can make fresh by just grinding tomatoes.
Load up the InstantPot and cook under pressure for 15 minutes.
Hint: no InstantPot, cook it in regular pressure cooker for just 1 whistle.
Corn dalia tomato bhath
- 2 cups Corn dalia
- 2 cups Tomato puree
- 1 cup mixed vegetables diced
- Coriander leaves finely chopped – for garnish
Seasoning Items –
- 2 tbsps Sesame oil
- 1 Onion chopped finely
- 2 inch piece Ginger grated
- 3 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Start InstantPot on Saute mode, add all the seasoning items
- Add the corn dalia, vegetables and mixed well
- Add the tomato puree and 2 cups of water, Season well with salt
- Mix well, cook under pressure for 10 minutes, Let it cool down naturally for 10 minutes
- Release pressure and mix well, garnish with coriander leaves
- Enjoy with spicy indian pickle and plain yogurt!