A simple weeknight pasta dish. This dish comes together in under 30 minutes with 4 main ingredients. Make the sauce while cooking the pasta. Dump the drained pasta into sauce, Season, DONE!
Alfredo sauce is typically made with a simple white sauce and heavy cream. This makes the dish very creamy and obviously delicious. So lets try to transform this decadent sauce, keep it light but still bringing in creaminess and a mildly sweet taste. I used Almond milk in the place of heavy cream. This provided a good creamy texture, mild sweetness along with a nutty taste without adding any additional fat.
I used whole wheat spaghetti, cooked it as per package directions to al delte and set it aside. Make the sauce with plenty of garlic and parsley – 2 main ingredients in the Alfredo sauce, toss the spaghetti in the sauce and serve garnished with fresh parsley.
This is a very simple and straightforward recipe and the resulting pasta is absolutely delicious and creamy. You will not miss any of the heavy cream 🙂 Try this for any week night supper, will be a sure hit with kids. I can already hear them slurping the gooey spaghetti 😇
Spaghetti in vegan Alfredo sauce
- 16 oz Spaghetti
- 2 cups Almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Garlic sliced
- 1/2 cup Parsley chopped packed
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- Salt to taste
- Start to cook the pasta as per the box directions to al dente, season well with salt
- Put a large skillet on low heat, add olive oil, add the garlic
- As the garlic sautés, sprinkle the plain flour and fry
- Now add the almond milk and stir to bring to a slow boil
- Sprinkle half the parsley leaves, season with salt and optionally with red pepper flakes
- Drain the spaghetti and add it directly to the sauce, give it a good stir to ensure coating completely
- Sprinkle the remaining parsley on top and parmesan cheese (optional)