Bountiful zucchini season calls for using it in a variety of ways.
To remind folks of our earlier offering – Cheesy Zucchini biscuits or rolls
Coming very soon – zucchini whole grain muffins
Today lets explore these amazing zucchini and roasted sweet corn fritters. It’s an easy peasy recipe. Just mix the ingredients together and shape them into flat palm-sized fritters and bake. Really that easy!
These fritters are flavored with fresh mint leaves, another herb which grows plentiful in my garden and I love to use it in everything. 😇
Zucchini is a very versatile vegetable, in that it takes to any flavor profile; it is like a sponge. It does not add any specific taste of its own, which makes it very easy to incorporate in a variety of ways. The moisture from the zucchini makes it very useful for baking these fritters and keeps them juicy. They are crunchy and spicy with the addition of jalapeños. The mint flavor when baked fills your entire home with the perfume of Spring….. did I not say – “Spring is in the air”!!
Zucchini Corn fritters BAKED!
- 1 cup Zucchini grated
- 1 cup roasted sweet corn cooked
- 1 cup Chickpea flour
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Mint leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsps Oil
- Oil to drizzle on the fritters before baking
- Squeeze out the water from the zucchini and spread on a paper towel to absorb any leftover moisture
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and bring together by sprinkling drops of water if needed
- Shape them into palm-sized fritters, drizzle oil on both sides
- Arrange on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 425 degrees hot oven for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 5 minutes
- Check for preferred crisp texture and remove
- Every bite will give you a crunchy corn and jalapeño heat with a minty touch.
1 thought on “Zucchini corn fritters – baked!”