Do you have 10+10 minutes to completely blowaway your brood with this super easy, and extremely delicious dish. I can easily say it was one of the quickest dishes I have made and probably one of the tastiest.
We literally ate straight from the pot and did not even plate it. Sorry! No pretty pictures 🤪
Follow these steps one by one and your dish will be done in under 30 minutes – guaranteed!
Roasting onions, pepper and cherry tomatoes gives a nice charred flavor plus brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetables.
Roasting cauliflowers at high heat keeps it crunchy and also gives it a good roasted color. This process ensure the cauliflowers never turns soft even when tossed in the gravy. (Including leftovers – but don’t worry you will have none left, this one will be all gone in minutes!)
So here’s the process –
Take a cookie sheet – roast a red onion, a green pepper, handful of cherry tomatoes, few green chillies and a couple of pods of garlic. This brings out an appetizing flavor and the natural sweetness of the vegetables. Cool and blend. Step 1 done!
Take a 2nd cookie sheet – roast cauliflower florets, tossed with oil and tandoori seasoning at 425 degrees hot oven for 10-15 mins. Step 2 done!
Start a large skillet, add the paste, mix in milk, once warmed, add caulis and coat. (keep in mind all the vegetables are already cooked during the roasting process – so we are just melding everything together 😁)
Almond milk works wonders and provides a sweet touch!
If you let the cauliflowers sit for a bit, the gravy will be well absorbed and it will be a semi-dry dish, still absolutely delicious.
I cannot stop raving about this dish, it is going to be a favorite one, bookmarked for easy access, to be prepared over and over again!
Tandoori Cauliflowers in a roasted vegetable sauce
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsps Tandoori seasoning
- 1 Onion red (large) chopped coarsely
- 2 Green Peppers
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 pods Garlic
- 3 Green Chillies
- 2 cups Milk Almond milk works well
- 4 tbsps Oil
Seasoning Spices – cumin seeds, black cumin (badi jeera), fennel seeds, onion seeds (kalonji), Caraway seeds (Ajwain)
- Take a cookie sheet, spread the onions, green peppers, tomatoes, garlic and green chillies with 1 tbsp of oil, broil at 425 degrees hot oven for 10 minutes to get a nice char
- Take a 2nd cookie sheet, add 2 tbsps oil, 2 tbsps Tandoori seasoning powder and toss the cauliflower until coated, roast in a hot oven at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, rotating once in between
- While the cauliflowers are roasting, cool-off the roasted vegetables, blend to a smooth paste in a blender
- Cool and blend to a smooth puree
- Start a large wok, add 1 tbsp oil, add all 5 spices, fry lightly
- Add the blended puree and fry on low flame for 2 minutes
- Add the milk and bring to very soft boil, salt to taste
- Add the roasted cauliflowers and toss to coat well
- Tandoori cauliflowers are ready to serve!