Do you have 10+10 minutes to completely blowaway your brood with this super easy, and extremely delicious dish. I can easily say it was one of the quickest dishes I have made and probably one of the tastiest.
We literally ate straight from the pot and did not even plate it. Sorry! No pretty pictures 🤪
Follow these steps one by one and your dish will be done in under 30 minutes – guaranteed!
Roasting onions, pepper and cherry tomatoes gives a nice charred flavor plus brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetables.
Roasting cauliflowers at high heat keeps it crunchy and also gives it a good roasted color. This process ensure the cauliflowers never turns soft even when tossed in the gravy. (Including leftovers – but don’t worry you will have none left, this one will be all gone in minutes!)
So here’s the process –
Take a cookie sheet – roast a red onion, a green pepper, handful of cherry tomatoes, few green chillies and a couple of pods of garlic. This brings out an appetizing flavor and the natural sweetness of the vegetables. Cool and blend. Step 1 done!
Take a 2nd cookie sheet – roast cauliflower florets, tossed with oil and tandoori seasoning at 425 degrees hot oven for 10-15 mins. Step 2 done!
Start a large skillet, add the paste, mix in milk, once warmed, add caulis and coat. (keep in mind all the vegetables are already cooked during the roasting process – so we are just melding everything together 😁)
Almond milk works wonders and provides a sweet touch!
If you let the cauliflowers sit for a bit, the gravy will be well absorbed and it will be a semi-dry dish, still absolutely delicious.
I cannot stop raving about this dish, it is going to be a favorite one, bookmarked for easy access, to be prepared over and over again!
Tandoori Cauliflowers in a roasted vegetable sauce
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsps Tandoori seasoning
- 1 Onion red (large) chopped coarsely
- 2 Green Peppers
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 pods Garlic
- 3 Green Chillies
- 2 cups Milk Almond milk works well
- 4 tbsps Oil
Seasoning Spices – cumin seeds, black cumin (badi jeera), fennel seeds, onion seeds (kalonji), Caraway seeds (Ajwain)
- Take a cookie sheet, spread the onions, green peppers, tomatoes, garlic and green chillies with 1 tbsp of oil, broil at 425 degrees hot oven for 10 minutes to get a nice char
- Take a 2nd cookie sheet, add 2 tbsps oil, 2 tbsps Tandoori seasoning powder and toss the cauliflower until coated, roast in a hot oven at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, rotating once in between
- While the cauliflowers are roasting, cool-off the roasted vegetables, blend to a smooth paste in a blender
- Cool and blend to a smooth puree
- Start a large wok, add 1 tbsp oil, add all 5 spices, fry lightly
- Add the blended puree and fry on low flame for 2 minutes
- Add the milk and bring to very soft boil, salt to taste
- Add the roasted cauliflowers and toss to coat well
- Tandoori cauliflowers are ready to serve!
3 thoughts on “Tandoori Cauliflowers in a roasted vegetable sauce”
Made this recipe today and came out amazing. I added a little twist by adding almond flour to the gravy since I was out of almond milk, but the overall effect was the same. We finished the dish in one go since the crunchy Cauliflower could be eaten just like that and the gravy had the roasted flavor of a relish..too good..Thanks Lavanya for this recipe
Thank you so much for your feedback.