VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
It was one of those Fridays when the kids wanted to get pizza. So we picked a new restaurant which was serving fusion offerings. One such flatbread/pizza we tried was paneer pizza. The dish was very simple, flatbread topped with paneer pieces marinated in curry seasoning. The dish was embellished with plenty of red onions and colorful peppers. Simple and Nice!
So lets now replicate it at home. This is how most of my recipe ideas come forth. I try to improvise and make restaurant food healthier by bringing in whole food ingredients.
First step – start with a nice chewy whole grain flat bread – Sprouted Flatzza from Angelic bake house works very well
Next bring in Tofu in the place of paneer. Marinate the tofu with spicy curry powder and some oil to coat.
Add colorful veggies of choice – options – onions, peppers and mushrooms – all tossed in more curry powder.
Finally seal everything with some simple cheese
Note- vegan cheese also works very well
This pizza will be a sure hit with the kids too – use a mildly spiced curry powder for fussy eaters.
Paneer (Tofu) Pizza
- 5 Flatbreads personal pan size
- 1 cup Tofu etra firm diced
- 1 cup Mixed veggies – onions, peppers, mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsps Curry powder
- 2 tsps Oil
- 5 tbsps Shredded cheese
- Marinate the tofu pieces with 1 tsp of curry powder and 1 tsp of oil and set asideMarinate the sliced veggies with 1 tsp of curry powder and 1 tsp of oil and set aside
- Start the oven to the temperature mentioned in the flatbread package or 400 degrees
- Arrange the flatbreads on a cookie sheet, top first with tofu, then the veggies and finally with the shredded cheese
- Bake in the hot oven as per flatbread package directions or for 10-12 minutes until edges start to brown a bit
- Cut into wedges or squares and serve