Roasting vegetables and using it as a sauce has become my newest obsession 🤪
Refer to these 2 recipes which received a lot of positive feedback –
This recipe just has a few variations from the first one and comes together from scratch in under 30 minutes. To begin – start with a big batch of Mushrooms marinated and roasted – yum – these can be consumed as is for an appetizer too! HINT.. HINT..
Next – roast up veggies which includes baby carrots for the sweetness and green tomatoes for the tanginess. Lip smacking right 😜 Blend up the roasted veggies to a smooth puree, bring it to a low boil and add mushrooms. Thats really it … serve this up with some good red rice or brown rice …. You can have bowlfuls and would never believe this dish came together so quickly. ENJOY!!
Curried Mushrooms in a sweet and tangy sauce
- 1 lb Mushrooms button bite-sized
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 pods Garlic
- 1 Green Tomato
- 2 Red Tomatoes
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 10 Baby Carrots
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Habanero optional
- Cilantro stalks
- Take 2 cookie sheets; heat up an oven to 425 degrees
- Marinate the mushrooms with the oil and curry powder; Spread flat and evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins until sizzling and crisp
- In another cookie sheet, spread all the remaining ingredients and roast for 10 mins; Cool and blend to a smooth sauce
- Take a large wok, add the sauce, salt and adjust the heat as needed
- Bring to a very low boil; add the roasted mushrooms and coat well
- This tangy and sweet mushroom dish is ready to be served with rice!