VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, NUT-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE
‘LIGHT yet RICH
SIMPLE yet AROMATIC
DELICATE yet WHOLESOME’
As we all await the onset of splendid Spring season, lets enjoy the last days of Winter by relishing this amazing soup.Here’s a very simple and wholesome soup that just takes 6 ingredients and comes together in under 30 minutes using the InstantPot. Using coconut cream makes this VEGAN too!
This is a mushroom lover’s soup – we used 3 varieties of mushrooms – shiitake, maitake and baby belle. A little onion and garlic is all that is used as aromatics. Celery complements the subtle flavor of the mushrooms. That’s it.
We were slurping away this soup which was light, aromatic and wholesome. It had a good texture and worked well for a light supper. The creaminess of the soup is brought out by coconut cream which does not make the soup heavy but still provides the rich and creamy texture.
We enjoyed it with Seitan vegan ‘crab’ cakes – coming up in our next post!
Sumptuous creamy mushroom soup – VEGAN
- Instant Pot
- Immersion blender
- 4 cups Mushrooms – shiitake, maitake, baby belle finely chopped
- 1 Shallot finely chopped
- 3 pods Garlic finely chopped
- 5 stalks Celery finely chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable stock low sodium
- 1 can Coconut cream 400ml
- 1 tsp Olive oil optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start the instant pot on saute mode
- Add the oil, onions, garlic and celery and give it a good stir for 1-2 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and vegetable stock
- Turn to cook mode and cooke under pressure for 8 minutes
- Cool for 10 minutes and release pressure carefully
- Using an immersion blender carefully puree the soup, making it as smooth as desired
- Add the coconut cream, salt and pepper – mix well
- Serve warm with some crunchy croquets on the side!
3 thoughts on “Sumptuous creamy mushroom soup – VEGAN”