VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, NUT-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE
Its officially Autumn and with this lovely season comes crisp, cool weather and plenty of pumpkins. Lets kickoff this Fall cooking with a robust and hearty soup.
Tomato soup is always the humble soup which satisfies everyone. Make it spicy, add toppings of choice, dunk your favorite sandwiches or just enjoy it plain. Today’s tomato soup is enhanced with Pumpkin puree, by all means use fresh Pumpkins as well. Make this soup in the InstantPot and its a super quick and easy supper ready in under 30 minutes.
So what stands this soup apart ? number one – the rich pumpkin taste and number two – the basil flavor which goes well with both tomato and pumpkin. I also added a couple of earthy spices such a bay leaves and cinnamon sticks. Including just a couple of potatoes makes this soup rich creamy and very satisfying. Make this a Meal and it will keep you happy 😄 and full!
Try these other flavorful soups as well –
Sumptuous creamy mushroom soup – VEGAN
Asparagus Parsley soup – VEGAN
Curried Lentil soup – my simple re-creation
Hello Autumn – Tomato Pumpkin soup
- 1 InstantPot
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 small Potatoes
- 10 large Tomatoes
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 bunch Basil leaves
- Start an InstantPot and add just a teaspoon of olive oil
- Add the spices and give it a spin
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes and 4 cups of water
- Add the pumpkin puree and basil leaves
- Set it to cook under pressure. For just 5 minutes
- Once done, barely puree with an immersion blender
- Season with Salt and Pepper – Fall soup is ready!
1 thought on “Hello Autumn – Tomato Pumpkin soup”