VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
Taco is always an easy go to dinner in our house plus every one likes it. You can make it as festive as you want. Pair it up with chips n fresh smashed guacamole and you have a Mexican fiesta treat.
This is a purple lovers treat. The only thing missing was purple tortilla wraps, we could not find them 😕 we made up for the absence with purple tortilla chips.
So what are the 3 layers –
☝️ Raw Jackfruit stir-fried in Harissa paste
✌️ Caramelized Red Onions
🤟 Purple cabbage salad tossed with Jalapeño and cilantro
This whole dinner comes together in under 30 minutes. While the red onions are caramelizing in the oven, the jackfruit can be stir-fried on the stove. Toss freshly sliced red cabbage with some jalapeños and cilantro and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Try these other Taco favorites too –
Purple Triple layer Taco
- 6 Taco shells soft
- 1 cup raw Jackfruit shredded
- 1 tbsp Harissa paste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 large Red Onions finely sliced
- 2 tbsps Oil
- 1 cup Red Cabbage
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Layer 2 – In a large cookie sheet toss the red onions with oil and salt and bake it in a hot oven at 425 minutes for 10-20 minutes, mixing once in between until onions are crisp and caramelized
- Layer 1 – Meanwhile in a skillet, stir-fry the raw Jackfruit with harissa paste making it lightly crisp
- Layer 3 – Red cabbage, jalapeno and cilantro – toss together the ingredients and set aside
- To assemble the taco, slightly warm the tortilla on a skillet
- First spread the Jackfruit layer
- Next spread the Red onion layer
- Finally top with Red cabbage salad and serve!