VEGETARIAN, VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
With plenty of holiday eating and festivities, we always need comforting foods to keep us going the rest of the non-partying days. 😆 Here is a easy stir-fry with simple rice noodles. This dish has a total of 7 ingredients with the main taste factor being crunchy purple cabbage.
Onions, jalapeño, purple cabbage, tofu, and roasted & crushed peanuts. One more secret ingredient – seasoning of choice; I love Penzey’s spices and used Bangkok seasoning to flavor-up the noodles. Another important flavor profile is cold pressed Sesame oil, which adds a simple yet powerful aroma to the dish.
Easy peasy recipe,
☝️ Cook noodles and keep it ready
✌️Crisp up tofu strips and set aside
🤟 In a large wok, start to stir-fry onions, jalapeños, and cabbage
✌️ ✌️Toss in the noodles with the seasoning powder
✋ Add the tofu and finish with peanuts (optional)
Now, how easy is that? 🤗 This dish is super comforting and the perfect weeknight meal which still makes for a beautiful picture during the holidays.
Note – Keep the purple cabbage crisp which means cooking time is practically only 5 minutes 🤷🏻♀️
Weeknight 7-ingredient stir-fry noodlesHere is an easy stir-fry with simple rice noodles. This dish has a total of 7 ingredients with the main taste factor being crunchy purple cabbage.Servings: 4
- 2 cups Rice Noodles cooked and tossed in Sesame oil
- 2 tbsps Sesame oil
- 1 large White Onion sliced
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- 1 cup Purple Cabbage shredded
- 1 cup Tofu crisped up
- 1 tbsp Bangkok seasoning any Asian seasoning of choice
- 1 tbsp Peanuts (optional) roasted and crushed
- Cook the noodles, toss in Sesame oil and keep ready
- Crisp up the Tofu strips and set aside
- Start a large wok, add sesame oil, saute onions and Jalapeño
- Add the purple cabbage and toss on high flame just to crisp up
- Add noddles, seasoning powder, tofu and mix carefully
- Finally top it off with peanuts and serve!