VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, VEGETARIAN
Four ingredients to a stunning pasta dish – spaghetti, pesto, cauliflower bits and mushrooms.
Prepare a pesto in 5 minutes, toss the cooked spaghetti and top it with crisp fried mushrooms. How difficult can that be!
Hint -I always have a couple of pasta cooked and frozen to be pulled out for those long work days when you are craving for a loaded pasta dish
Who can say NO to Italian any night of the day 😇, it is so fulfilling ‘n comforting.
One secret ingredient in this dish – a bag of cauliflower bits 🤪 it gave the texture of parmesan cheese without adding any fat. It added a robust body to the dish and no one was guilty about seconds !
Today’s pesto was a combination of parsley and basil – the basil provided a different zing, almost a mild spice and sweet smell. Toast up some pine nuts, add a couple of cloves of garlic – blend it all up while drizzling some olive oil. Pesto done!
While the pesto is in process, roast up some mushrooms in the oven to a crisp texture. I used baby portobello mushrooms. Heat up a large skillet and stir-fry the cauliflower for a couple of minutes to lose the moisture, do not cook it, keep the texture crunchy. Add the warm spaghetti and toss with plenty of pesto ensuring the pasta is coated. Top with mushrooms and serve.
This dish will totally be a surprise packet for its flavor, texture and sheer presentation. It is also very easy to make a large batch of this dish for a party.
Pesto Spaghetti with crisp Mushrooms
- 1 packet Spaghetti whole wheat
- 2 cups Pesto
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 2 cups Cauliflower bits
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Red Pepper flakes
- Alter the basic Pesto recipe and use equal parts of parsley and basil
- In a large cookie sheet, toss mushrooms with olive oil and salt; roast at 425 degrees hot oven for 10-15 minute until crisp, set aside
- Cook the spaghetti as per package directions, drain and drizzle with olive oil
- In a large skillet, add the cauliflower bits and toss for 2-3 minutes to remove moisture; do not cook
- Add the pesto and spaghetti and toss until well coated
- Season with plenty of crushed red pepper flakes
- Top with mushrooms and serve
3 thoughts on “Pesto Spaghetti with crisp mushrooms”
This is excellent 😀 I like the way you photographed the ingredients in their separate bowls 😀
Thank you so much!
You’re welcome! 😀 Thank you for sharing your recipe. 🙂