VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, PEANUT-FREE
A very simple and tasty Indian dish is dhingri mutter – which is simply Mushroom and green peas.
So what’s special or different in this recipe? This dish is enriched with a heaping scoop (or two!) of almond flour. The difference it made was simply superb.
👉 It made the dish creamy without adding any unnecessary fat
👉 It gave it a very unique texture
👉 To top it all, it instantly added more protein ‘power’ to this dish
A WIN-WIN-WIN situation 🤪
Very simple and straightforward flavors – I only used ginger to keep that as the leading aromatic. Saute some onions, bring in a good bit of heat and finish off with plenty of cilantro (coriander leaves). Thats all!
Serve it with a simple cucumber salad and warm bread.
Make sure you prepare a large batch, this dish will be gone in seconds!
Dhingri mutter – mushroom n peas – protein-enriched 🙂
- 1 lb Mushrooms (any variety) diced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups Green Peas fresh or frozen thawed
- 1 Onion finely-chopped
- 3 Tomatoes finely-chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated
- 1 Habanero or any preferred chilly sliced
- 1 tbsp Cilantro or Coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsps Almond powder extra fine
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Oil to cook
- In a large saute pan, add oil, fry the cumin seeds and bay leaves
- Add the onions, ginger, habanero and fry lightly
- Add the tomatoes and turn the heat to low and fry for 3-4 minutes
- Add the green peas, salt, turmeric powder and mix well
- Add the mushrooms, put a lid on and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add almond powder and mix well to combine
- The dish will be semi-dry perfect to go with rotis or rice