As we all enter 2022 with a fresh set of hopes and goals, one goal is to eat healthy and stay healthy. This probably is even more relevant in the recent times due to all the havoc the pandemic has wreaked.
I am sure everyone enjoyed celebrations over the past couple of months thoroughly with plenty of rich foods. Now is the time to take it easy and detox our body with simple foods.
One such comforting food is a wholesome soup. Asparagus is available in plenty throughout the winter months and can be prepared in a variety of ways. Cream of asparagus is probably the most common soup preparation.
This time I changed it out a bit, I prepared asparagus soup with a full bunch of parsley. The taste profile was un-imaginably different and was appetizing and yet very subtle.
How did I end up with this idea – I found 2 bunches of parsley in my fridge after my over-zealous grocery shopping to make a batch of pesto 🤷🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️
Always remember, interesting recipes are born by rummaging through our fridges and pantry shelves!
Start up the instantPot – cook up asparagus along with a few potatoes and carrots, green onions, piece of ginger, vegetable stock and all of the parsley stalks. Puree smooth using an immersion blender. Garnish with plenty of chopped parsley leaves and green onion stalks. DONE!
This soup will be a simple supper on those days when we crave for comfort food. Pair it up with a robust corn bread or a simple toast to make it a complete and wholesome meal.
HAPPY 2022 and here’s to GOOD HEALTH! 🥂
Asparagus Parsley soup – VEGAN
- 2 bunches Asparagus trimmed and cut into pieces
- 2 Potatoes diced
- 6 Baby Carrots
- 6 Green Onions chopped
- 1 piece Ginger
- 1 bunch Parsley stems
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For Garnish –
- 1 bunch Parsley leaves finely chopped
- 6 Green Onion stems finely chopped
- Start the InstantPot on COOK Mode
- Add some Olive oil (Optional), saute the green onions
- Next add the asparagus, potatoes, carrots, ginger and parsley stems
- Add the vegetable stock and cook on High Pressure for 5 mins
- Release pressure and let it cool for 10 minutes
- Using an immersion blender, puree to a smooth texture
- Garnish with parsley leaves and green onion stalks
- Serve with a simple toast on the side, Enjoy!