Are you looking for a pasta dish which is so versatile it can be customized for even the pickiest of eaters? Here’s one which can be suited for all seasons and all palates!
Serve it cold – this pasta uses plain olive oil for the dressing and is a lovely dish to serve cold in summer and warm seasons.
Serve it warm for the winter months. This is my preferred choice 🤷🏻♀️
Do you need to satisfy a picky eater? – Toss up the pasta in a simple white sauce and any kid will slurp it up (literally).
Is it just fussy teens? – Sprinkle loads of cheese and it will satisfy the ever-hungry teenager too!
Make it gluten-free by using a gluten-free alternative. This pasta recipe, at its core, is vegan…. just saying 😜🌿
This is one pasta which is going to become your favorite and easy meal to go to! PERIOD!!
Lets jump into the steps – All it takes is 5 ingredients –
- small sized pasta – elbows, macaroni or even orzo works very well (I used whole wheat elbows)
- Roasted corn on the cob and cut into slices
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Sliced garlic
- Fresh basil and parsley leaves chopped
I also used a jalapeno for heat, totally optional to suit tastebuds.
My handy tip – take out frozen part-cooked pasta and toss this up in under 10 minutes
The time it takes to roasting the corn and slicing them up – start to combine the pasta.
Drizzle olive oil liberally to coat the pasta and perfume it with basil and parsley. Finally toss it with lemon juice.
This one is a keeper and such a simple recipe, yet absolutely stunning and delicious to serve in any gathering, ENJOY!!
Tangy lemon pasta with roasted corn
- 2 cups Whole Wheat elbow pasta – cooked Gluten-free – use any gluten-free pasta alternative
- 2 ears Corn on the cob roasted and cut into slices
- 3 pods Garlic sliced
- 1/2 cup packed Basil and Parsley leaves chopped
- 1 cup Lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- Take a large skillet, drizzle liberally with olive oil
- Add the aromatics – basil, parsley, garlic and jalapeno
- Add the pasta in the perfumed oil and coat, season with salt
- Add the corn and toss well
- Finally drizzle the lemon juice and combine
- Add more fresh basil and parsley to garnish
- Serve hot or cold!
2 thoughts on “Tangy lemon pasta with roasted corn”