Chickpeas are one of the tastiest beans and also one of the most versatile protein. It can be used in a variety of ways. Channa or Chole as they are called in India, is a very homey dish and consumed in a myriad of preparations in every Indian household.
Today’s chickpea curry is totally unique and has a creamy curry without adding any unnecessary fats. So what is the secret sauce – PEANUT BUTTER 🤪 and dreamy almond milk!
With cooked chickpeas this dish will take under 15 minutes to bring together and enjoy! All of 4 steps to do and you will have the creamiest and unique chickpea curry. The flavor in this dish is simply amazing, try it out to experience!
Make a simple paste of 4 aromatics – red chillies, garlic, ginger and peanuts
Saute onion and tomatoes first
Add the paste, peanut butter and almond milk. Bring to a soft boil.
Add chickpeas and cooked diced potatoes (optional). Put a lid on and let it simmer for 5 minutes. THATS ALL!
Creamy ‘nutty’ chickpea curry
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter smooth Nut-free option – use Sunflower seed butter
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 2 cups Chickpeas cooked
- 2 Potatoes diced cooked
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder optional
- Chopped Cilantro leaves garnish
Aromatics – to grind to a paste –
- 5 Dried Red chillies
- 4 pods Garlic
- 2 inch piece Ginger
- 2 tbsps Peanut
- Start a large skillet, add some oil
- Add the onions and garlic and fry for 2 mins
- Add the aromatic paste, peanut butter and almond milk
- Add the cooked chickpeas and potatoes; salt to taste
- Slap a lid and simmer for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle garam masala and fresh chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves on top and serve with roti or rice!