VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, NUT-FREE
Baked ziti is one of my brother’s favorite pasta dishes. This traditional dish has pasta baked in a tangy tomato sauce with some veggies. Ziti is similar to Penne but cut straight.
Today’s recipe is a Fusion dish. It takes penne pasta and bakes it in ‘tikka masala’ sauce. Tangy and spicy. Italian and Indian fusion 🇮🇳🇮🇹
This dish will totally wow you for its simplicity 😇
The complexity lies in the Tikka Masala sauce 🤪
Check this link for our tikka masala sauce – made easily using the InstantPot. This recipe can be frozen and pulled out for quick dinner days.
Tip- always keep half-cooked pasta in the freezer
So what does it take for this dish to come together? 5 ingredients and 30 minutes to bake. DONE!
1. Cooked pasta – I used Corn, Rice, and Quinoa pasta
2. Tikka masala sauce
3. Choice of veggie – I used fresh green beans (Asparagus will be wonderful too!)
4. Cheese (optional)
5. Kasoori methi seasoning – readily available in Indian spices area
The end product is a satisfying single dish dinner which has a great Indian flavor and taste. Try it to believe how tasty this unique combination turns out to be. YUMMY!!
Try our other Pasta dishes –
Baked ‘tikka masala’ pasta
- 4 cups Tikka Masala sauce
- 4 cups Penne pasta half cooked
- 1 cup Green Beans
- 1 tbsp Kasoori Methi seasoning
- 4 tbsps Cheese shredded
- Take a large baking dish, drizzle some olive oil
- Pour the pre-made Tikka Masala sauce, add salt
- Add the cooked Pasta
- Add the green beans
- Sprinkle kasoori methi seasoning; Mix well to incorporate
- Sprinkle cheese
- Top off with a sprinkle of more kasoori methi
- Bake in a hot oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and cheese has melted
- SERVE hot with a side of garlic bread!