Disclaimer: I do not get any compensation from any products or companies. I just like to share my experiences for friends.
Flatbreads are always a quick and easy dinner option. Load it up with any choice of ingredients and you practically have a different dish each time. I particularly like the large pizza size flatizza (angelicBakery) which is thin and chewy, made with sprouted grains.
With the ongoing pandemic and the situation going up and down, we rely on our weekly produce subscription (MisfitsMarket) to get good quality vegetables and fruits at reasonable prices delivered to our door. This week I received parsley, beets, broccolini, mangos, and various other things.
I started off by roasting beets and broccolini. I made a big batch of pesto with the parsley. Then, I flavored it with aromatic basil. Finally, it was topped off the flatbread with harissa dressing to add some heat.
This flatbread is absolutely good for you with not a single ingredient that I can say as ‘indulgence’. Look at the list – Sprouted flatbread, beets, broccolini, parsley, pine nuts and harissa.
The beets provide a slight sweetness which pairs very well with the charred bitterness from broccolini. Pesto brings in robust flavor and texture. The basil threads add a beautiful aroma without taking over. I tossed harissa with almond milk to make a smooth creamy sauce and drizzled it all over the flatbread.
Follow this recipe as is, and let me know how it comes. We enjoyed it a lot and had a great deal of satisfaction of a meal which looked straight out of a gourmet pizza place!
Pesto, Beet n broccolini flatbreads with harissa dressing
- 2 Sprouted grains pizza base
- 2 Red beets
- 10 stalks Broccolini
- 2 tbsps Pesto
- 2 tsps Harissa paste
- 4 tsps Almond milk
- 6 leaves Basil cut into threads
- Slice the beets and trim the broccolini, roast them at 450 degrees hot oven for 20 minutes until tops are charred
- Sprinkle salt and red pepper flakes liberally and set aside
- Take the sprouted pizza base, spread half the pesto sauce evenly
- Arrange half the beets and broccolini randomly on the pizza
- Sprinkle the basil threads liberally
- Whisk the harissa with almond milk to make a smooth paste, drizzle half of it all over the pizza
- Repeat steps 3, 4, 5 n 6 for 2nd pizza base
- Bake at 400 degrees hot oven for 10-15 minutes, until pizza base looks lightly browned and crisped
- Cut pizza into 6 slices each