A very simple dessert that puts a smile on everyone’s face is bread pudding. This simple recipe is completely vegan and made with oat milk. It was juicy and the edges were crunchy and extremely satisfying. The flavor profiles used were cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and few strands of saffron….. OMG the whole house was perfumed and everyone was drawn to the kitchen to check on the amazing dessert!
Assemble the very few ingredients that are available at home and toss the broken bread pieces. Top with plenty of chocolate chips and nuts as preferred. Try this pudding, warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a full service dessert 😆
With just 3 main ingredients, milk, – we used oat milk and were thoroughly happy with the taste, sweetener, – we used maple syrup – and oil – we used olive oil.
We combined earthy spices with Indian notes to obtain a fusion aroma – cinnamon and nutmeg provide the earthy spices while cardamom and saffron provide the Indian notes.
Serve this easy peasy chocolate bread pudding with earthy flavors at your next party!
Chocolate bread pudding
- 4 cups Bread pieces broken into cubes
- 2 cups Oat milk
- 1 cup Maple syrup or any sweetner preferred
- 4 tbsps Olive oil
- 2 tbsps Flaxmeal soaked in warm water
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chip morsels
- Flavoring spices – Cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, strands of saffron
- In a large mixing bowl mix milk, maple syrup, oil, flax meal and flavoring powders
- Add the bread pieces and combine well to soak
- In a greased glass dish, spread the bread mixture evenly and press lightly
- Top with the chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 degrees hot oven for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and spread the melted chocolate chips to make a layer on top
- Cut into slices and enjoy warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
2 thoughts on “Chocolate bread pudding”
Looks delicious 😋