VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, NUT-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE
We can easily and quickly prepare fresh meals at home by utilizing many of the ready-to-use products available in the market. Today the availability of food staples with clean ingredients has exploded beyond measure and it’s a good sign.
I am showcasing a couple of those ingredients and assembling an amazing restaurant quality dish (or even better!) in under 30 minutes. Baking time takes another 30-40 minutes. A super delicious and healthy meal can be on the table in 1 hour.
https://www.angelicbakehouse.com – I used their Kale Spinach wraps
https://www.sprouts.com/ – Salsa verde – I used Sprouts brand
Taking inspiration from a fellow blogger I ventured out to create an all-green enchilada.
Ingredients – Kale (green), mushrooms, corn and beans for the filling
Sprouted spinach (green) tortillas
Salsa verde (green) DUH 🙄🤷🏻♀️😜
Keep it easy, tortillas are readily available in a variety of flavor packs with wholesome clean ingredients.
Note- You can use gluten-free tortillas for exact same deliciousness
Make a quick stir-fry of the stuffing ingredients – saute onions, garlic, loads and loads of mushrooms (I used 2 types), corn, black beans and kale. Season them liberally with Bold Taco Seasoning from Penzey’s spices.
The time to make the filling was 10 minutes.
The time to wrap and assemble the enchilada took 20 minutes.
Top them off with plenty of Salsa verde and bake the dish for 30-40 minutes until the enchiladas are nice and bubbly 🙂
Serve with fresh smashed guacamole… as always 🤪 for us no Mexican dish is complete without ‘gaucu’ 😇
- Rectangular glass dish
- 12 Tortillas Green colored
- 32 oz Salsa Verde spicy gives a nice kick
For the filling –
- 32 oz mixed Mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups frozen Corn thawed
- 2 cups baby Kale and baby Spinach packed
- 1 cup Black beans cooked if using can – drained completely
- 1 cup mixed Bell Peppers sliced
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 3 pods Garlic sliced
- 2 Jalapenos sliced
- 1 Habanero chopped
- 2 tsps Bold Taco Seasoning optional
- Take a large wok, add few tsps oil, saute the onions, garlic and jalapeño
- Add the corn and mushrooms and cook at high heat
- Add the black beans, spinach and kale; Add seasonings and salt – cook until mixture is dry
- Take a large rectangular glass dishAdd 4 tablespoons of the salsa verde on the bottom and spread evenly
- Now wrap the tortillas with the filling mixture and arrange carefullyI was able to arrange 12 tortillas in 2 rows
- Now top with the remaining salsa verde until the tortillas are completely covered
- Garnish sliced jalapeños on top
- Bake at 350 degree hot oven for 30 – 45 minutes until the enchiladas are bubbly
- Serve cut into squares with a dollop of guacamole