MAGGI Lovers – try this twist!
VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, NUT-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE OPTION
One very popular quick-fix food growing up was MAGGI 2-minute noodles. To be completely honest, MAGGI did taste awesome. Little did we know about MSG, etc. 🤷🏻♀️ 😇 The texture and the crinkled look of the noodles was very unique to those times and it was also a breeze to make; anyone can make MAGGI.
RAMEN noodles are exactly the same – easy to prepare and comes with a flavor BOMB 😜. I typically use the noodles and discard the flavor packet. So today, let’s explore a simple noodle soup incorporating Ramen or Maggi noodles (no flavor pack!).
Once again, this whole process comes together in under 30 minutes using the InstantPot. Don’t have the IP? No worries! Just use a large pot and bring everything to simmer. It probably will take 10 extra minutes, that’s all!
The ingredients are typical – onions, ginger, and garlic with the noodles to add flavor and substance. I also brought in bok choy for crunch, Jalapeño for heat, and Soy sauce to bring in the Asian flavor. I used Vegetable stock. If using plain water, throw in extra onion, garlic, and soy sauce to accentuate the flavor.
Tip- use cabbage in the place of BokChoy
I used 4 portions or packs of noodles and we had a big pot for us to enjoy several helpings.
Tip – For a gluten-free option, use Rice noodles
This dish was a huge hit, we slurped the noodles and truly had a fun dinner. Trust me, this will go very well with kids.
So the next time you reach out for one of those 2-minute noodles, try this soup version and you will not be disappointed.
Try these other noodles dishes to satisfy your Asian cravings –
Ramen noodle soup – Maggi lovers try this twist!
- 2 tsps Sesame Oil
- 1 large Shallot sliced
- 5 pods Garlic sliced
- 2 inch Ginger grated
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- 4 cups Mushrooms quartered
- 2 Bok choy – stems and leaves separate sliced
- 4 stalks Green onions – stems and stalks separate sliced
- 2 tbsps Soy Sauce
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 4 packs Noodles uncooked
- Start an InstantPot, Add a drizzle of Sesame oil
- Add shallots, ginger, garlic and jalapeño
- Add mushrooms, stems of bok choy and green onions
- Add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, salt
- Put it to cook under pressure for 4 minutes
- Meanwhile soak the noodles in warm water
- Release pressure when done, now add the softened noodles, the bok choy leaves and green onion stems
- Check seasoning and let it infuse for a few minutes before serving
- NOTE – Keep in mind to serve within 10-20 minutes of adding the noodles