VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
Tostadas are crisp tortillas which are usually fried and topped with variety of ingredients. It is a flattened, crispy taco or a crunchy flatbread. Deep-frying has never been a preferred method of mine – so I make the tostadas crunchy by toasting them with a drop of oil on a flat skillet and roasting it directly on a flame.
Do a quick 10 minute stir-fry of roasted corn, mushrooms and black beans. Make it extra spicy and add a touch of mexican seasoning.
Finish off the tostadas with a whipped avocado dressing on top – avocado, cilantro, and jalapeño with a squeeze of lemon.
You can also use this recipe – Avocado Foam
This dish can be put together in under 30 minutes and will be a sure family pleaser.
Corn n Mushroom Tostadas
- 1 cup Fire roasted Corn frozen thawed
- 1 cup black beans cooked
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup mixed Peppers sliced
- 1 Red Onion sliced
- 1 Habanero sliced
- 3 pods Garlic
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning optional
- 8 Tortilla
- Stir-fry the vegetables for the tostadas toppings. Start with sautéing onions with garlic and habanero.
- Then add the following vegetables one by one and stirring for 2 minutes in-between – mixed peppers, mushrooms, corn and black beans.
- Sprinkle mexican season and mix well – topping is ready.
- Next start a flatiron skillet – toast the tortilla on both sides.Next put it directly on open-flame and char it on both sides to crisp it up.
- Assembling the tostadas – start with a crisp tortilla, spread the topping about 2 tablespoons, dress with the avocado foam and serve.
- Tostadas are consumed like a pizza, pick it up and enjoy!