Tostadas are Spanish appetizers which are prepared with deep-fried tortilla shells. I am not a big fan of deep-frying and here is a nice variation of the Tostadas – pan-fried.
This dish is really simple – the toppings are 3 ingredients – corn, black beans and tofu. Toss and cook them together with simple Taco seasoning – I love Penzey’s spices Taco seasoning. I also pan-fried the tofu to provide some crispness.
Just pan fry the tortillas to super crispy both sides on a cast iron flat pan with a drizzle of oil. Spread the toppings evenly. Top it off with dollops of fresh smashed guacamole and serve hot. Refer to Guacamole recipe here.
Pick them up and eat them like pizza slices. They are super yummy and very very kid friendly!
Here are some more easy appetizers to try out –
Tofu Tostada – Pan fried
- 6 Corn Tortilla Taco size
For the Topping –
- 1 cup frozen Corn thawed
- 1 cup Black beans
- 1 cup Tofu cubes pan fried
- 1 tsp Taco seasoning
- 6 tbsps Guacamole
To prepare the Topping-
- Take a saucepan and pan-fry the tofu cubes, set aside
- In the same pan saute on high the corn and black beans; add the tofu, salt and taco seasoning and mix well
Assembling the tostada-
- Put a cast iron skillet on the stove on high, drizzle some oil and add a tortilla
- Make it really crisp on both sides
- Spread the toppings evenly
- Add dollops of guacamole and serve immediately