Served with stir-fried corn pulav
VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
Do you often have a lot of leftover white rice from takeout Indian food 🤔 here is an easy peasy corn pulav which is a simple stir-fry with frozen corn. All it takes is sautéing some onions, adding the frozen corn and cooking at high temperature. Add the rice, some garam masala and combine well. DONE !
To go with this simple yet stunning pulav 🤪…..
here is a very unique combination of swiss chards with cauliflower.
I have personally not come across a combination of green gravy with cauliflower, pardon my ignorance 😇 I wanted a creamy, spicy curry to go with the simple pulav, I had bunches of swiss chards and a cauliflower sitting in my fridge. Using the InstantPot this dish takes only minutes. Start off with a simple paste. Cook the chards with the paste in the InstantPot. Then using an immersion blender, puree into a smooth paste. Add some milk and mix well to make it creamy.
Note – Oat milk works very well with this dish without altering any flavors
While this InstantPot is going, air-fry the cauliflowers to a crisp texture. Keep the cauliflowers crunchy with a good bite, but the exterior golden fried. Almost like the flash-fried cauliflowers.
Just before serving top the creamy green gravy with crunchy cauliflower and serve.
This dish makes me super proud for hitting upon a recipe which will stay with me for years and something I can whip up quickly.
Yet another original creation ‘LAAA LAAA’ Creamy chards gravy with crispy cauliflowers
Contrasting colors – green with white
Contrasting textures – smooth creamy gravy with crunchy cauliflower
Contrasting tastes – spicy green gravy with salty caulis
Creamy chards with crispy cauliflower ……..Served with stir-fried corn pulav
- Air Fryer
For the paste –
- 1 Onion large roughly chopped
- 2 Tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 inch Ginger piece
- 1 Habanero optional
- 1 tbsp Almonds optional
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp whole Peppercorns
- 2 bunch Swiss chards roughly chopped
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1 cup Milk Oat milk suggested
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Oil
- Blend the paste ingredients to a fine paste
- Start InstantPot on MANUAL COOK mode
- Add oil, cumin seeds and fry to golden color
- Add the paste, chards and salt
- Cook with PRESSURE for TIMER 2 minutes
- After TIMER is done, let it rest for 5 minutes
- Carefully release PRESSURE and open the InstantPot
- Using an Immersion blender, carefully blend to a smooth gravy
- Add milk and combine very well to creamy texture
- Meanwhile coat the cauliflower florets with oil and salt and air-fry to a crisp texture – about 8-10 minutes
- To serve – take the green gravy in a flat bottomed dish, top with crisp cauliflowers
2 thoughts on “Creamy chards with crispy cauliflower”